The best is yet to come: happy 2012!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Today is the first day of the year, a day that most people view as a new beginning, a blank page, a fresh start. Others see it as any other day - the same as yesterday, the same as tomorrow. I usually fall somewhere in the middle.

But this new year is special to me. This is the first I am starting as a married lady, in my marital home, with my handsome husband by my side as more than a boyfriend, more than a fiance, but as my life partner bound by God and the laws of the state of South Carolina.

Whoa, things just got serious.

In all honesty, 2011 was a fantastic year for so many reasons, a true banner year for A (the hubs) and I. We tied the knot and enjoyed all the things that go along with a wedding: bridal showers, parties in our honor, bachelor/bachelorette weekends, a tropical honeymoon, and of course, the wedding day itself that we shared with 220 people near and dear to us. But we also finished our first home and moved into it as husband and wife; added a puppy to our family, bringing the canine count to two; and probably most importantly, began to understand why the adventure known as marriage is the best thing you can do in life, although it isn't always easy and there's a lot to learn. I say all of this to ask: how can 2012 or any year possibly top this?

I once heard a sermon about how we often get caught up in the moment, thinking "this is the time of my life," when in reality, the best is always yet to be. How many times have I thought that I was currently in the best time of my life? In high school, yes. College? For sure. Planning my wedding, the day I had always dreamed about? Oh, yessssss. But I have to remind myself that God has great plans for all of us, and if we knew that high school or college or wedding planning was the best time of our life, and then it was over - how sad would that be? No, the future holds great promises.

So get pumped for a new year! This is a new start, whether you see it that way or not. The fact is, today is 1-1-2012. The first day of a new year. Embrace it, face it head-on. I can't wait to see what this year holds for me. After all, the best is yet to come.

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY