Here's the update on my progress!
Go apple picking for the first time ever- DONE!
- Start baking for fun on a regular basis again - and share with my neighbors and work peeps - some success - but I need to do it more!
Discover a new TV show that Alex and I both love- Done! We've gotten into Revolution and Nashville. Can't wait for them to return in the fall!
- Send at least one "just because" snail mail note per month - my new stationery did not help. I really need to up the ante on this!
- Make my goal weight in time for my reunion (Oct. 27!!) ...and maintain it - Well this was "done" - but I gained some back. But I'm back at it again and hope to be at my goal weight again soon!
Have a great time at my 10 Year High School Reunion :)- DONE!
- Start planning and saving for a big vacation with Alex (we're thinking Italy in 2013!) - we are leaving for Italy June 30!! CANNOT WAIT!
- Go on a weekend getaway to a place we've never been - we went to DC in September - even though we'd both been, we'd never been together. I'd like to go somewhere neither of us have been, though!
- Start and finish our engagement and wedding showers/parties/bach party/etc scrapbook - still haven't started it. I need to get on it!
Send out more Christmas cards than last year- Done!
- Create a Household Budget and stick to it - since Alex changed jobs more than once (technically 3 times) since September, this has been next to impossible. And I will be changing jobs before my birthday because of the move. But who knows - maybe we will finally be able to draft one and commit to it.
Update my Passport with my married name - and then USE IT!-the update is DONE and I'll be using it in a few weeks when we go to Italy!
- Paint the Study and attach the bookcases to the wall (safety first) - since our house is For Sale, this is not going to happen! But maybe when we move into a new house??
- Have a Pinterest Party - Not yet but I really want to do this!
Plant bulbs in the winter and watch them bloom in spring- DONE! I planted lilies :) Host more than one dinner party throughout the year- DONE! Hosted several formal and informal get-togethers (December, Easter, Memorial Day)
- Get rid of one piece of clothing for every one new piece purchased - Sort of doing this. Trying to be more strategic when I buy new clothes.
Use our wedding china- DONE! Used at our dinner party in December and at Easter. Organize the Golf/Work-out room and make it more usable- DONE!
- Run a 5K (scary - I hate running) - I officially started the Couch to 5k training program in March, but it's been tough to keep up with. Not sure if I will be really ready by September 3!
- Get serious about our savings - we have paid down a lot of debt and have contributed to our savings. Our tax refund helped, too!
Host a big, old-fashioned summer cook-out- DONE! Memorial Day with our neighbors
- Learn how to play golf - Alex has promised to teach me...but still no progress (or time!)
Attend a dressy/fancy event with the hubs and get all gussied up- DONE! We went to the JLG's Big Night Out in February
- Have a true girls' weekend - need to plan one!
- Build regularly scheduled massages into the budget (it's for my health, I swear. I SWEAR.) - I need to do this. For so many reasons.
- Be more spontaneous and try not to sweat the small stuff. Life is too short! - I'm trying! I'm such a planner that this is a hard one for me :)