2016 Goals

Friday, January 1, 2016

I feel like I literally just made my list of goals for 2015! Looking back over the goals I set for myself last year, I feel really good about most of them. Some of the highlights: I went gluten free in January and haven't looked back. I completed the Jesus Calling daily devotional on December 31 and loved it. I did yoga every day (and got hooked on Bikram)...until I found out I was pregnant - then I gave it all up! I hired a housekeeper to deep-clean once a month (a gamechanger, y'all). I really did take matters into my own hands for my health on the Crohn's and fertility front, and didn't have a flare all year and got pregnant!

But there are other things that I didn't really get around to, so they've rolled over to the 2016 list -- along with some brand new goals.

Faith: 

  • Continue a reading my Bible daily and protecting my quiet time each morning
  • Take the steps to join the church we've found in Columbia


Health and Wellness: 

  • Stay Gluten Free - it's working!
  • Start Bikram Yoga again after I have the baby and when my body is up for it
  • Be a healthy mom and get back to my pre-pregnancy size (or better) by getting outdoors more


For me:

  • Sit down and relax more (Alex is always telling me this, so listen to him!)
  • Make more time for sewing, crafts and "projects"
  • Get caught up on my scrapbooks (so behind here!)
  • Organize my digital files and photos for peace of mind


For loved ones:

  • Be a better wife: make more time for me and A (and for A in general), and have patience
  • Be a better friend/daughter/granddaughter/sister: make time for the people I love. Call them even when I don't have the time for an hour-long conversation. It's worth it!
  • Learn how to be a mom: with Hope coming early this year, I will be starting off the new year right away with the biggest challenge of my life. I am nervous to learn how to parent and juggle everything else in life, but welcome the challenge. I can't wait for the things I'll learn in this year ahead! 

Ready to embrace this new year and absolutely thrilled to see what it has in store!

xo
KH

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY