The calm before the kid

Friday, January 1, 2016

This is it: we're heading to the hospital tonightFor the last few days, I've been simultaneously running around like a mad woman doing last-minute prep and trying to relax and enjoy the calm before baby. 

Since my last day of work before leave was last week, I have been home all week which has been so nice. At first, I didn't want to take a second more of my leave before baby than absolutely necessary as I knew I'd want and need every second of leave with Hope. But it has been wonderful to have this time to get things done and to just enjoy. 

Some of the things I've done in the last 72 hours:

Made hospital staff goodie bags from Hope! 

Finished the nursery - finally! 

Dinner and a movie date night with the hubs! (So necessary) 

Practiced getting a "baby" in and out of the car seat - Penny was very interested and at one point, got in the carrier and would not get out! We also washed the couch and draped it with sheets to keep it free from pet hair until we get home! 

Packed our hospital bags! Left to right: A's bag, our essentials and snack bag, my suitcase (with Hope's stuff inside too), and of course - the car seat. I tried not to overpack but there's just so much to consider! 


I've also tried to take some downtime for myself as much as possible, but this  Type A gal plagued by nesting wasn't likely to do too much of that! The highlight has been that I've actually slept pretty well the last few nights and have been able to sleep in...for the last time in who knows how long! 

Now I'm counting down the minutes until it's time to go to the hospital. We're to check in at 8 to get the process started. So many emotions right now: excited, anxious, nervous and a little scared. This pregnancy has been full of so many ups and downs, I'm ready for the ultimate reward and blessing of holding my daughter! We ask for your prayers as we enter a life-changing experience tonight. 

xo
KH

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY