Yesterday was a very big, very important day. It was my half birthday. I am officially 28 and a half, which means I only have 6 months left to finish this list!
Here is where I stand as of March 4, at 6 months in:
Go apple picking for the first time ever- DONE!
- Start baking for fun on a regular basis again - and share with my neighbors and work peeps - some success - but I need to do it more!
Discover a new TV show that Alex and I both love- Done! We've gotten into Revolution and Nashville
- Send at least one "just because" snail mail note per month - getting better about this - plus, I just got some cute new stationery, so that should help!
- Make my goal weight in time for my reunion (Oct. 27!!) ...and maintain it - Well this was "done" - but I gained some back. But I'm back at it again and hope to be at my goal weight again soon!
Have a great time at my 10 Year High School Reunion :)- DONE!
- Start planning and saving for a big vacation with Alex (we're thinking Italy in 2013!) - we have started saving and have tentatively planned to take the trip the first week of July!
- Go on a weekend getaway to a place we've never been - we went to DC in September - even though we'd both been, we'd never been together.I'd like to go somewhere neither of us have been, though!
- Start and finish our engagement and wedding showers/parties/bach party/etc scrapbook - haven't even started it yet. I need to get on it!
Send out more Christmas cards than last year- Done!
- Create a Household Budget and stick to it - a Budget has been drafted. Sticking to it has been hard, mostly because Alex has changed jobs again and I still have a lot of medical bills from late last year.
Plan a surprise party for someone -DONE! I got Alex good in January for his 30th Birthday!
- Update my Passport with my married name - and then USE IT! - This is literally on my To-Do list every. single. week. Can't use it until it's updated.
- Paint the Study and attach the bookcases to the wall (safety first) - Not yet.
- Have a Pinterest Party - Not yet but I really want to do this!
Plant bulbs in the winter and watch them bloom in spring- DONE! I was too late to plant tulips or paperwhites, so I planted lillies instead. They are close to blooming!
- Host more than one dinner party throughout the year - Hosted one in December. Need to get to planning another.
- Get rid of one piece of clothing for every one new piece purchased - Sort of doing this. Technically I haven't gotten rid of anything yet, but I have a huge pile of stuff to give away or consign!
Use our wedding china- DONE! Used at our dinner party in December. Organize the Golf/Work-out room and make it more usable- DONE!
- Run a 5K (scary - I hate running) - I have officially started the Couch to 5k training program!
- Get serious about our savings - we have been paying more attention our savings. But we're also trying to pay down a little debt, too.
- Host a big, old-fashioned summer cook-out - will do this when the weather gets warm!
- Learn how to play golf - Alex has promised to teach me!
Attend a dressy/fancy event with the hubs and get all gussied up- DONE! We went to the JLG's Big Night Out in February
- Have a true girls' weekend - need to plan one!
- Build regularly scheduled massages into the budget (it's for my health, I swear. I SWEAR.) - I need to do this. For so many reasons.
- Be more spontaneous and try not to sweat the small stuff. Life is too short! - I'm trying! I'm such a planner that this is a hard one for me :)