Let me explain:
- Cleaning out the lint trap from the dryer: there is something amazing about the little sheet of fluff that you get from the dryer. I especially like it when I do a load of clothes in the red/pink/orange family and the lint is soft and fluffy and pink.
|you know you like it, too.|
- Finishing a bottle of shampoo/conditioner/body wash/etc: what is it about FMCG (for all you marketing majors) that gets me? I love finishing a product and then getting to start on a new one.
- Using a pen until the ink completely runs out: I'm not one to misplace pens, so this actually happens quite frequently for me. Of course, I only like it when I have another pen on standby.
- Writing checks and paying bills online: not that I like to see our money do a disappearing act, but I like the satisfaction of knowing our bills are paid and have been dealt with.
- Changing the page on the calendar each month: I feel so accomplished when I can put another month behind me. I get the same happy feeling every day (but on a smaller scale) when I cross off the previous day in my planner.
|please note the golden retriever calendar we have in our study. nerds.|
- Vacuuming: but only when you can actually see the vacuum marks in the carpet. Low-pile carpet is no fun.
- Cleaning out my inbox: this goes for work and personal email. I have loads of folders in my email to organize everything. The fewer the emails in my inbox, the happier I am.
-Crossing off things on my to-do list (and making to-do lists in the first place): when I'm feeling frazzled, the first thing I want to do is make a list. For any reason. Work stuff, packing list, things I need to buy or get rid of, you name it. And when I get to cross an item off, I feel so. much. better.
Now that you think I am a complete weirdo...what pleasures do you take from the little things in life?