I broke one of my own rules

Monday, November 25, 2013

I never, ever listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving, let alone start decorating before then. 

But I did it. I broke own of my own rules this past weekend. (Two, technically: I listened to Mariah Carey Holiday Radio on Pandora, too). 

I couldn't help it. I had the house to myself - no husband, no dogs to distract me. I busted out the Christmas decor. 

I didn't do anything super major. I just put up a small (well, 6 feet...) tree and my Advent calendar. And decorated the mantle. Minor stuff. No big tree, of course - saving that for me and Alex to do together, obviously. 

My reason was good; it was pure: we won't be back home until Sunday, which is Dec. 1. How can you put up an Advent calendar after the day it's supposed to start?! (well, I did that last year, but I digress). I refuse to put up any outdoor decorations until after TG, so at least the neighbors don't know. 

So Christmas came a little bit early to our house. But that doesn't change the fact that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and it's just 2 days away - yesssss!!!

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY