Where did I think I would be in 10 years, at 28 years old? If I had written it down - which knowing me, I am positive I did at some point - these are the things I would have had on my "where do you see yourself in 10 years?" list:
1. Graduated from college
2. Possibly hold a graduate degree
3. Work in an advertising agency
5. With children
6. Still "Best Friends" (since "Bestie" wasn't yet a word in 2003) with Lesley
7. Live somewhere other than my hometown
And where am I now? Let's see how well 2003 Kristin predicted the 2013 Kristin:
1. Graduated from college - check!
2. Possibly hold a graduate degree - yep!
3. Work in an advertising agency - been there, not doing it again!
4. Married - that's Mrs. to you!
5. With children - not yet...do the furbabies count?
6. Still "Best Friends" with Lesley - always!
7. Live somewhere other than my hometown - yes, although I'm not sure I would have guessed South Carolina!
8. Homeowner - yep, and about to put our first house on the market and shop for home #2!
|Lesley and I, stylin' in our awards and medals at graduation|
Other things I definitely would not have thought about at age 18 to put on that list? But some o the things I'm the proudest of? Finding and keeping friends in new cities, a few times over (and about to start that process again). Meeting and marrying the most handsome, smart, God-loving man I've ever met. Finding my way in my career as a marketing professional and trusting my instincts that brought me to my current - and very awesome - position. Making family a priority.
I won't even begin to go into the roller coaster of the last 10 years, but I will say this: I have been blessed, and the Lord says that the best is still yet to come. So to all the new high school grads out there: the best is yet to be! Congratulations Class of 2013!