The coach's wife!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Big news!

After 4 months of doing the long-distance marriage thing, with Alex in Macon, Georgia as a GA for the Mercer golf team, and me in Greenville, the end is finally here. (And not just because I was sick of it.) It's because my hubby is the new Assistant Men's Golf Coach at the University of South Carolina! Hooray!

It's pretty awesome that not only is Alex returning to his Alma Mater to coach, but USC is a fantastic D-I school, and it's in the SEC (the best conference around. Sorry to you ACC fans out there ;) Plus, we get to stay in the great state of South Carolina!

We have been hoping that this scenario would play out, but of course had no idea if we would be moving across the country or staying right where we are. Right now, we are feeling very blessed and excited for this opportunity, although it means we will be selling our home, leaving our friends and my job, and our church, and relocating to Columbia, SC. But you know what? God provides and He leads. He has led us to this opportunity, and I know the rest will fall into place.

If you think of it, please remember Alex and I in your prayers as we enter this time of transition: that we can sell our house quickly and find a comparable home in Columbia; that I can find a job I love just as much; that the summer of packing and moving and changing goes as smoothly as it can.

We are planning to get our house on the market as soon as possible, but I will be staying at my job through the end of July. Alex begins work immediately, so he will be in between Columbia and Greenville for the summer. The good thing is the cities are only about 1.5 hours apart.

We're super excited and blessed to have this great new beginning to look forward to! I could not be more proud of my husband. He is going to ROCK this job.

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY