May: new month, new challenge

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy May Day!

My April challenge, which was to spend at least 30 minutes outside at a time at least 4 days a week, was a bust. Not totally, but I found it to be a true challenge (imagine that) for something that should have been so easy. I really only had time for it on the weekends; after work, once I'm done running errands or getting my treadmill on, all I want to do is sit on the couch with my pups. And, it rained a lot in April. (Maybe there is some truth to the "April Showers bring May Flowers" thing?)

Anyway, today begins a new month and brings with it a new challenge. This month, my challenge to myself is something I should do every day anyway: I am going to floss every. single. day. 

Now, don't judge. You probably don't floss every day, either. And if you do, I am very, very impressed - for real.

I'm hoping this will get me in the habit of doing it every night. I just forget most of the time, or I think of it when I'm done brushing my teeth and, ew, who wants to floss after brushing??

So wish me luck and good dental health! 

Here's a re-cap of my monthly challenges so far in 2013:
  • January: get rid of something every day
  • February: track and log my calories (still going!) and get on the treadmill on a regular basis (still doing this, too!)
  • March: begin CouchTo5k program (still going strong! Jogging 3 days a week)
  • April: spend at least 30 minutes outside at least 4 days a week (I'm trying to make more of an effort to spend time outside)
  • May: floss every day!

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY