Giving Thanks: Week 1

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I have been inspired by everyone's daily blog or Facebook posts about what they're thankful for. It's so refreshing to see all the blessings in each other's lives. I wanted in on the action, but I didn't want to overwhelm myself with a post everyday. I decided to do one post every week that I will have been working on each day with my daily thanks in the spirit of Thanksgiving!

Day 1: Thursday, Nov. 1
On the first day of this 30-day challenge, I begin with the highest, most important blessing of all: the love of Jesus and his forgiveness. Without him, I am nothing; I have nothing. With him, I have life and all the other blessings I will mention over the course of this month!

Day 2: Friday, Nov. 2
Today I give thanks for my husband! As a girl, I always wondered who my Prince Charming would be: what he looked like, what he was doing then, where he lived, what his voice sounded like, everything. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect fit than Alex. He is my best friend. SO thankful to share this life with him/

Day 3: Saturday, Nov. 3
On Game Day, I am thankful I'm a Gator girl! Now I know I'm biased, but there's nothing like a game in The Swamp. Very thankful that I spent nearly 6 years over the course of my two degrees in Gainesville and for the awesome education I received. The Gator Nation is everywhere!

Day 4: Sunday., Nov. 4
Today I'm thankful for my church and the friendships we have made there. I am so glad we quickly found a church in Greenville and that it's is the place we have made our church home, where we got married, where we've made deep friendships, and where our kids will be baptized one day. I love everything about First Pres!

Day 5: Monday, Nov. 5
Even on a Monday as I begrudgingly pull myself out of bed, I am thankful for my job. I love what I do and who I work with. After having a job for 2.5 years that was tough in so many ways, I am even more thankful for my current position that has been an answer to prayer.

Day 6: Tuesday, Nov. 6
Today I am thankful to live in a country where we have the freedom to vote. No matter how small we may think our voice is (or how confusing and seemingly messed up the system is), we have the opportunity to cast our ballot and make our voice heard.

The "I voted" sticker: this week's hottest accessory

Day 7: Wednesday, Nov. 7
Today I give thanks for my Mom. She has been my rock and my biggest cheerleader my entire life. Not only did she bring me into this world (before the era of the epidural), she has been there through everything: losing my first tooth, dance recitals, cheerleading tryouts, shopping for prom dresses and then eventually my wedding dress. I am so blessed to have such a great mother and friend.





Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY