This & that

Friday, November 30, 2012

This week was full of some kind of random stuff. It hasn't been a bad week, but let's just say I am ready for the weekend!

My week began with a Capsule Endoscopy on my seemingly-endless quest to figure out what is causing the wackiness in my GI tract. For the Capsule Endoscopy, I had to arrive early Monday morning at my doc's office after enjoying a lovely clear-liquid diet on Sunday and fasting that morning. My breakfast that day was a camera. Yes, for real. I swallowed a camera the size of a horse pill. So down it went, and this is what I had to wear all day:

Super sexy, I know. The little pouch over my clothes wasn't so bad (a little strange maybe), but all the wires under my clothes were a little uncomfortable. And did I mention I had to wear this all day at work?

Now I'm just waiting up to 2 weeks for my doc to examine the color pics and video (video!) that the camera took while gliding through my small intestine. It should help identify if I have Crohn's or not.

In the meantime, I have been feeling a little better this week. Most importantly, my appetite is back and I'm not even feeling a tiny bit guilty for eating whatever I want. For 10+ days, I could barely eat and lost 10 pounds as a result, so I think I can eat a little guilt-free pizza or Zaxby's. (Note: losing weight this way really sucked and is SO not healthy).

On Wednesday, we had dinner with my mom and stepdad. It's so fun to have them only 45 minutes away when they're at the cabin versus 10 hours when they're at home in Florida. They drove down to Greenville to take us out, and had a little surprise for us: annual passes to the Biltmore!!! Yesssssss!!
I've been to the Biltmore twice, but never at Christmas and it's supposed to be ahhhhhhhmazing at Christmas. It was such a great surprise because Alex and I have been wanting to go, but it can be a little pricey. Now we can go as much as we want for the next year (Asheville is only an hour from us)! Thanks, Mom!!

Throughout this week, I've been verrrrrrrrrrrry slowwwwwwwwwly decorating our house for Christmas. We bought our tree last weekend at a choose-and-cut tree farm, but it was just standing there in our living room, naked, for a few days. Now it has lights and burlap trim. Still needs the skirt and ornaments. Baby steps. Everything else is down from the attic but strewn across our upstairs landing. It's driving me insane! This weekend, I've got to get it all put away and get busy decking my halls.

I hope you've all had a fantastic week. Cheers to the weekend!

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY