2013: the year of the challenge

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Heyyyyy, friends. Big news. I have decided that this year, I will be giving myself a challenge for each month and sharing the journey with you along the way. Just to keep it interesting. And to hold myself accountable.

I saw this idea on this blog - she did it in 2011 and I just love the idea.

Some ideas for monthly challenges:
  • going Vegetarian or Gluten-free for a month
  • wearing every item of clothing I own in one month
  • another Essentials Only Month - or two! (Don't tell the hubs, he will not be too excited)
  • purging items that we no longer need
  • a new workout plan that I would commit to for 30 days
  • not eating out for a month
    and so on.

BUT - I need your help. I would love to hear some ideas for a 30-day challenge, since I will need 12 challenges in all. Maybe I'll use your idea...or maybe not if it involves giving up sweets or running every day for a month :)

Ready - set - GO! 

January has already been decided: that challenge kick-off is coming very soon!


5 comments:

  1. what about trying something new for a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like monthly challenges because they're a little more realistic for me, personally :-)

    As far as the food, boyfriend and I are doing Paleo which is a little like Gluten Free, only more strict (no dairy also).

    For me, a 30-day challenge I've enjoyed is washing my face every day - because I never do that.

    Only water/green tea for 30 days (detox).

    Sign up for crossfit for a month.

    Stick to $100 per week ONLY. Depends what your current budget is an prices in your area, but this is a lot harder than it seems!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really good idea. But I have no ideas for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. this is an awesome idea. whoever came up with it is pretty smart... (haha).

    glad you are inspired!

    here's a few ideas i'm considering for this year:
    a "real food" month- only foods where i can pronounce and recognize the ingredients
    another round of getting rid of 5 things a day (because i loved it the first time)
    blogging every day for a month
    get outside for at least 30 minutes a day

    we were in greenville for christmas this year! that's where i met my husband:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all really great ideas!
    -What about ways to cut back and be frugal - DIY's, saving money, etc?
    -A month of projects you've been meaning to do.
    -Getting outside everyday and soaking up some rays, in the Summer of course.
    -Reading more books
    Hope those helped a little!

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY