It's OK Thursday and other thoughts (The Bachelor)

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hello there, friends - it's Thursday, meaning tomorrow is Friday, meaning the weekend is just about in reach. This week has lasted AT LEAST 9 days already. I guess because it's my first full work week in almost a month? Bleh.

Anywho...

The highlight of my week (other than the hubby turning 30!) has definitely been the return of The Bachelor!! That is my #1 guilty pleasure. I know it's partly staged, partly insane, and partly ridiculous, but I love it. I used to read spoilers, but I stopped because it, well, spoiled the fun for me each week when I knew what was going to happen. It's too soon to tell who will go all the way (no pun intended) but some of my faves are AshLee (the professional organizer - um, can I have her job please?? And her perfectly organized closet? Heaven!), Lesley (the girl who works in DC and brought the football), wedding dress girl - not sure of her name (I know she was wasted and hello, she wore a wedding dress, but I think she could have a cute sense of humor), and possibly Desree (the girl who works in the bridal salon). So we shall see, ladies - it's a brand new season! What did you think of the premiere?

Moving on! It's OK...
  • to still be enjoying the leftover ice cream cake from Alex's birthday. Maybe a little too much.
  • to not want to cook because I haven't really had to cook in weeks due to the holidays. I need to get back in the swing of things. 
  • that we got really excited when we realized all of our fave shows came back this week! (Either we don't get out much or we're just that lame). 
  • that I've splurged lately on a lot of stuff for myself. New purse, online Lilly sale, etc. I had "Christmas money" but still, I feel guilty (see below).
  • that we haven't really started saving for our Italy trip yet because unexpected, large expenses keep coming up (like my medical bills and the recent $700 tune-up/repair on Alex's car)
  • to have the decorating bug and want to re-do every room in my house for no good reason. Dang you, PB Spring catalog and Pinterest!!
  •  to feel slightly overwhelmed when I look at the calendar for the next couple of weeks and see all that is going on - but to also be excited about all the friends we're going to see!
Its Ok Thursdays


3 comments:

  1. I've had a lot of unexpected expenses coming up lately too and they suck! Ugh. Car, dental, and medical. Totally not what I wanted to spend my money on right now.
    Cute blog. Looking forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay that I am over excited about all of the new shows filling my DVR! Glad that I'm not the only one enjoying The Bachelor and all the new shows coming back on!! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always wanting to decorate, we rent, so there is always a project on the back burner. Italy sounds fun, and I am sorry things are interrupting your saving.

    Amanda @3lilapples a new follow courtesy of A Complete Waste of Makeup.

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY