Here are the things I got rid of during Week 1:
- Cleaned out the fridge and threw away lots of misc. food items
- Last year's calendars. We had 3 or 4 around the house.
- An old digital camera that was fried by lithium batteries a whopping 5 years ago and will never work again.
- A Christmas candle holder that I haven't actually put out with the decorations in at least 2 years.
- 2 aprons that, while simply adorable, are not personalized or monogrammed so I can give them away (we have at least 4 personalized aprons between the 2 of us. Not. Kidding.) And frankly, we don't need 6 aprons.
- A little plastic serving tray that is really cute, but tiny. I've never used it and I've had it for 4+ years.
- Old mascara from my makeup bag.
The organizing of the 4 "problem areas" has not yet commenced (again, mainly due to the surprise party), but I'm hoping we can get down to business this weekend. The first thing that HAS to be organized is the dang Golf Room. Because the treadmill is in that room and I cannot currently get to the treadmill...(yeah, it's THAT BAD). Wish me luck as the Hubs and I tackle that project!