That time I sent my husband off to college...

Monday, January 28, 2013

Today is the day. A day that, honestly, I didn't think I'd ever see. Alex leaves today to begin his career as a college golf coach/MBA student.

It's weird. Packing him up to go live in another state, in an apartment, with - gasp - a roommate?? Definitely not a scenario I had in mind when we got married. But it's temporary. It's a step in the right direction, not only for him but for us.

His bags are packed!
And honey, I know you're reading this - I will stop giving you a hard time about the fact that you'll have a meal plan and a roomie, promise. Although I personally believe the meal plan of "wifey's home cooking" and your current roommate of Yours Truly are pretty hard to beat. I guess I'm just jealous that you're trading me in for a little bit.

I digress.

It's a tough day. I'm a little bummed, of course. But in the grand scheme of things, this is nothing. I don't know how military spouses do the time and space apart. Kudos to them.

I am trying to keep my eye on the prize, which, of course, is Alex's future in coaching. This is just the first step. He will be one heck of a coach, mentor and motivator. I know this is what he was meant to do.

Good luck, sweetheart! You will knock them dead! 


This morning, before Alex headed out. Love you, honey!



3 comments:

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY