That time I sent my husband off to college...

Monday, January 28, 2013

Today is the day. A day that, honestly, I didn't think I'd ever see. Alex leaves today to begin his career as a college golf coach/MBA student.

It's weird. Packing him up to go live in another state, in an apartment, with - gasp - a roommate?? Definitely not a scenario I had in mind when we got married. But it's temporary. It's a step in the right direction, not only for him but for us.

His bags are packed!
And honey, I know you're reading this - I will stop giving you a hard time about the fact that you'll have a meal plan and a roomie, promise. Although I personally believe the meal plan of "wifey's home cooking" and your current roommate of Yours Truly are pretty hard to beat. I guess I'm just jealous that you're trading me in for a little bit.

I digress.

It's a tough day. I'm a little bummed, of course. But in the grand scheme of things, this is nothing. I don't know how military spouses do the time and space apart. Kudos to them.

I am trying to keep my eye on the prize, which, of course, is Alex's future in coaching. This is just the first step. He will be one heck of a coach, mentor and motivator. I know this is what he was meant to do.

Good luck, sweetheart! You will knock them dead! 


This morning, before Alex headed out. Love you, honey!



Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY