DC for the weekend + Friday's Letters

Friday, September 21, 2012

Looking forward to a weekend in our Nation's Capital!

Tonight we are heading up to DC for the weekend and I'm super pumped. The last time I was there, I was 14 and on my 8th grade field trip. Somehow I think I will be seeing the city in a completely different light now...

The reason for the quick trip? Alex has training for his new job in Baltimore next week, and we have been talking about taking a little trip to DC for a while now. We're both museum nerds, and Alex is a major history buff. But if I want to be honest, the real reason we're going is because the Redskins game is at home this week, and A is a huge 'Skins fan. So there you have it!

We get in late tonight, so we'll probably just have time for some late night food and a few drinks. We'll really only have Saturday to explore, sight see, and - most importantly - eat. I've gotten some great recommendations on restaurants and, uh, wow, I might come home unable to wear pants. Everything sounds so delicious. Sunday will be dedicated to the tailgating and football, then I fly home and leave my man up there for his training!
_________________________________________________

And onto Friday's Letters with Adventures of Newlyweds!

Photobucket

Dear DC: prepare yourself. I am coming and I'm hungry. My husband and I are looking for a good time, mmmmkay?  Georgetown Cupcakes: I adore your show. And you decorate your cupcakes really, really cute. So I'd love it if your lines were not super-duper long this weekend...  Dear Ellie: I still feel guilty for not knowing your birthday was last Friday until 2 days later. But happy birthday, sweet puppy!  Dear Revolution: I think I like you? I'm a hard one to win over on new TV series, especially anything remotely near sci-fi. But you left me with a lot of questions and I can't stop thinking about you!  Dear new followers: welcome and thank you! Really, thank you. It means a lot :)  Dear Gators: just keep winning! We have a long, hard road ahead of us this year, but you're off to a great start.  Dear Study: you're looking good with your new desk. I think the hubs is digging you, too. Which is good since you are now his home office. Dear husband: congrats on wrapping up your first week at the new job! I love you!
 Dear Fall: as of tomorrow, officially, welcome!

Hope you all have one fantastic weekend!




5 comments:

  1. Hope you have a blast in DC! Can't wait to hear all about it. I've never been before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower from the link up! :) Cute blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the link up. I'm so happy fall is finally here! Yay! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have fun in D.C. Revolution is doing the same thing to me! Ah kinda starting to become hooked on it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how was DC?? i love that city and got to show it off to my husband earlier this year. and of course a stop at georgetown cupcakes was a must!! they are some pretty darn awesome cupcakes that is for sure

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY