Happy 1st Birthday, Ellie! (a few days late...)

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

So it turns out that we are horrible, no-good, pathetic puppy parents.
Why?
Well, we forgot our youngest's birthday. Typical thing to do to the youngest child, I know.
We're terrible, I know. I KNOW.

It was an innocent, honest mistake. Really.
I knew Ellie's birthday was coming up, and I knew it was in September.
I even *thought* I knew the date.

As we were rearranging the study on Sunday, I came across the papers from her breeder.
Which I had been planning to find, to double-check her birthday. You know, to be sure.
So imagine how low I felt when I see that her birthday was not the 19th, like I thought.
Nope, it was Septmber 14th.
Last Friday.

Whoops.



So we had to go all out to make up for out lack of celebration on her special day.
No child of mine is going to miss out on a birthday celebration.


I bought her a special pupcake and real pupcakes cupcakes for Alex and I (um, we wanted to celebrate, too!). I even bought tiny biscuits for Penny to partake in the festivities.


We lit a candle and sang happy birthday to the Birthday Girl!
We also gave her a new toy, which is allegedly a "Level 10" on the indestructible chart.
Hmm. We'll see about that.


I can't believe she is already One! I guess she isn't technically a puppy anymore.
Although someone told me that Goldens are puppies for more like 2 years.
Seems about right.
Regardless, she is so much fun. And I can't imagine our family without her. 

Let's take a little trip down memory lane, Ellie Mae style!

A look back at her beginning in our home is here - she was sooooo flippin' cute, y'all. There is nothing like a Golden Retriever puppy.

Here are some of my favorite shots of her so far:





Happy first Birthday, Ellie! May you have many, many more. Thank you for being such a wonderful, important and irreplaceable part of our family! We love you, pretty girl.



Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY